Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Conservative Fun

I like to think I've done a decent enough job here at Milk and Honeeyz showing you guys clever ways to get away with some otherwise inappropriate looks up on the job, including how to rock sheer and open back pieces at work! Lol.  I really do want to be a good example and a positive influence, so I figure the least I could do is prove to you guys that I can follow the rules (some of the times). :-) So here goes....
This completely work appropriate outfit actually came together in the midst of my devising yet another otherwise scandalous look.  The temperature outside was projected to reach 100 degrees, which it most certainly did. As such, I wanted to wear shorts so bad (yes, shorts to work...lol).  So I started out with a dressy pair of Bermuda shorts that came to my knees. I reasoned that they were no different than a knee length skirt and I'd make it work with a good blazer, shoe and all the conservative bells and whistles I could find. However, I couldn't even get my rebellious self to do it.  I came to my senses and I decided to save the shorts for a Friday or Saturday and keep my job and dignity. Lol.  Despite of, I wasn't completely done with the idea of shorts which totally brought me to these cropped pants, which by the way are super old... I'd say circa 2003 or maybe older.  Anyways, cropped pants are hardly the same as shorts but sort of along the same vein, yet totally work appropriate.  BINGO!!!  This particular pair also happen to be super fun girly because of the color, cut and light weight material.  I paired them with this tie neck shirt I was dying to give a second go since I purchased it.... And this is where my rebellious side got some satisfaction.  It's a tie neck shirt, yet I refused to tie the neck and it's actually a long sleeve shirt but I cuffed the sleeves instead and most importantly, it's actually a little sheer!  My rebellious old me got my kicks totally off anyway!! :-)  I added the grey pointy shoes to add a layer of conservativeness and stick with the muted color palette. So there you have it. Conservative (at least a little) yet super fun and not so uptight. What do you guys think? Did I finally find the balance in showing a little bit of conservative while still having a lot of fun??


Tip: Play with colors, fabrics, lengths and colors to add a little fun in your wardrobe, and don't be afraid to make a piece your own.  Just because it's designed to be worn a certain way, doesn't mean you have to wear it that way.  Just because a piece comes with a certain accessory (a belt or pin for instance) doesn't mean you have to wear it that way either.  

Blouse: L.K. Bennett London; Cropped Pant: Old Navy (super old); Bag: L.A.M.B.; Pumps: Nine West (old); Leather and Metal Bracelet: H&M (old); Earrings: Urban Outfitters (old); Watch: Gucci 

 ***Click below for pics from the rest of the "shoot" and a fun fact about this outfit! Also be sure to comment and let me know what you think!! :-)

Fun Fact: L.K. Bennett London (The designer label for this super cute blouse) happens to be one of Princess Kate Middleton's favorite fashion houses!  They have mostly clean lines and simple looks but they use great fabrics, have classic pieces (sheath dresses, tie neck shirts, wide leg trousers, etc) that just keep giving and giving. There pieces can be a little expensive (this shirt was over $200) but they occasionally have great sales (I got this shirt at a great price from Bloomingdales) where you can get pieces that will last a life time and make you feel like a Princess! Yes, the drama!!! LOL.




5 comments:

  1. Diggin' this look Lee, conservy but fun;) Love the blouse!
    www.swoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv that blouse! The color combination goes really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blouse, love the pants (especially the color), love the bag - great job on being an example!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love that blouse! The fabric..the color..pattern..shape...everything! SO friggin cute!

    lacenleopard.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...