Monday, June 18, 2012

Jump!

I really want to say that a great jumpsuit is a staple but I think I'm taking things too far (as usual).  Instead, I will just say that adding a great jumpsuit or romper is sort of one of the best things you can do for your wardrobe. Is that better or still a little too dramatic? I tried.  Anyways, I have a few of these pieces and I love them all in their own little way.  They are so easy to wear and good on the wallet, b/c no matter how much you spend you get everything you need in one piece. You can justify splurging by telling yourself that it's an entire outfit, top and bottom, in one shot. Also, they remind me of the sexiness and swag of the 70s... It could just be my crazy little extra mind but I sort of feel like Pam Grier, but in this decade, when I pull on a jumpsuit/romper??!!  For whatever reason, the fashion world is falling in love with jumpsuits again but they have never really gone anywhere.  In fact,  I bought the one I'm wearing here from ASOS over a year ago and it's the most recent of the few that I own. So there is really nothing new about them but I will admit that they do feel fresh and different with each wear and each new twist. :-) 
I wore this outfit to a happy hour to celebrate my favorite co-workers nomination as one of the top 40 under 40 advocates in the nation! I decided to keep things simple and muted in this look. I added a belt that I picked up from Forever21 last summer for $5 b/c without it then I'd be swimming in this jumpsuit.  The clutch and sandals are new favorites and I need no excuse to wear them so they were a no brainer.  The black jacket (see below) is super cute in person...the pics do it no justice. It's a quilted cotton motorcycle jacket and it's kinda contrasting to the simple, sophisticated look of the jumpsuit.  
Pleated Jumpsuit: ASOS; Motorcycle Jacket and Tribal Clutch: BCBGeneration; Belt: Forever21; Strappy Sandals: Manolo Blahnik; Watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs; Bracelet: Anthropologie
**Fun Fact:  I paid $120 for this jumpsuit and Valentino has a new similar jumpsuit that several different personalities jumped on (Jada Pinket, Jennifer Williams (BBW), etc.) but it cost nearly $3,000.00!!! Would you even consider spending that kinda money for this....

Photo Courtesy: www.lynettejoselly.com
Click below for more pics of this look!!! ***



12 comments:

  1. Love this jump suit, love the shoes and clutch too!!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Carsedra! Thanks honeey! You are so sweet! Love you for your consistent support! :-)

      Delete
  2. I'd never drop that kind of cash on anything lol you look great, I love how you have your hair too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awweee thanks honeey! And me either! An expense like that for a darn jumpsuit is just stupid and unnecessary. No jewels, no fur, no leather, no nothing. I can't understand for the life of me why, in this day and time, this would make sense to anyone. Lord knows. lol.

      Delete
  3. Lee the jumpsuit is fab....and you styled it to perfection!! You've inspired me to pull out (or try and find) one I got a minute ago:)
    www.swoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeeda Jeeda! I was serious gonna go comment on your blog last night and ask you where the heck have you been b/c I hadn't heard from ya in a few! You know you are my cyber BFF right? Well in case you didn't know, you are! Ok? Ok! LOL. Thanks for the compliments love! Can't wait to see how you rock your jumpsuit! I'm sure it will be just as fab!

      -Lee

      Delete
  4. I love all of the pieces that make this enemble so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Janelle,

      Thanks for the compliment honeey. On my way to your site! :-)

      Delete
  5. I love this outfit, Lee! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the same jumpsuit from Asos 3 yrs ago. Mine is baggy as well, you styled it to perfection. Would never have thought to add a belt. You look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Honeey! Thanks for the compliment love! Isn't it great how you can add or take away one little item and change a look entirely!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...