Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dear Philly: I Miss You

Fur and Wool Coat: Andrew Marc; Heeled Hiking Boots: Tory Burch; Black Jeans: Mossimo; City, PHILLY

I'm a hardcore city girl to heart.  I thrive off the energy, the crowds, the busy-ness, the grit and the diversity.  DC is great in that regard and that's part of the reason I'm enjoying myself down here, but the reality is there is nothing like Philly. I was back in Center City Philly with my kiddies this past weekend to shop around for my son's 15th birthday gift (sneakers that cost too much darn money) and as soon as I set foot back in the city, I realized how much I miss it.  I miss everything about it... almost being ran over by a cab or the Septa buses; the smell of cheesesteak in the air; the universities and the students at every corner; the fashion...Philly has it for days; the culture; the hoods; the old money; the history; the architecture; the graffiti; the shopping selections; restaurants; masses of people and all that good stuff... I'm one of those people that needs a little bit of too much, a little bit of chaos, a little bit of disorganization and little bit of hectic in order to function and thrive. It's sort of like my drug and motivation...the City. Philly.
My big baby... 
This post is photo heavy...just me, the kids and the city....



My handsome Man Child
Two of a kind
Everything about the city...moving, shaking, shadows...

5 comments:

  1. Love my city too! Glad you had a good time with the family!

    leticiabenita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss honeey!! I miss it like crazy! There's nothing quite like it! :-)

      Delete
  2. Great post! Looks like good, quality family time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Honeey!! Thanks for the compliment. We definitely had a great time! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love family photos!!! You look amaze <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...